DEPARTMENT OF ARMY
SAFETY AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH CAREER FIELD
ANSI ACCREDITED CP-12 PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE
This document establishes procedures for individuals seeking the CP-12 Professional Certificate. The Certificate is open to DOD and other Federal Employees. Achievement of this certificate program is accomplished when an individual meets all the minimum requirements (education and training) established for the certificate.
This Army CP-12 Professional Certificate program applies to all individuals that meet the Level I Skills required for CP12 personnel, as found on the Skills Assessment CP-12 Form 1. Certifying officials are designated by the FCR.
1. The Functional Chief Representative (FCR), with assistance of the functional representatives and members of the CPPB will certify the certificate.
2. The requesting individual (applicant) documents completion of competencies on the Level I Skills Assessment Sheet on page 2 (Level I Skills / Section IV) and completes the first page of the Skills Assessment Sheet. Any references or additional comments may be added to section VII - please reference which skill level is being addressed (i.e. “u” – Range Operations).
3. Upon completion of all requirements necessary to achieve the Certificate, the Requesting Individual takes the following steps to document his/her record and achieve the Certificate:
a. Collects all applicable documentation to support the Skills Assessment Sheet including, but not limited to, as it applies:
- Certificates of completion that verify training and education, ATTRS transcripts, college transcripts (unofficial), ORB/ERB/DD214, etc.
- Bio or resume showing experience and assignments within safety.
- Memo completed to be staffed through ACOM/ASCC/DRU. See attached sample memo.
b. ELECTRONICALLY Submit request for the CP-12 Professional Certificate to the ACOM/ASCC/DRU Safety Director for endorsement and validation.
c. The ACOM/ASCC/DRU Safety Director then submits to the FCR Cell electronically. All completed requests will be submitted to United States Army Combat Readiness Center electronically. Requests may be emailed to email@example.com.
4. After the Requesting Individual submits the documentation, the following is accomplished.
a. The Review Panel will assess the applicant’s packet to ensure all requirements have been met.
b. For each individual approved for the CP-12 Professional Certificate Program, the date of approval and certifying official will be entered into a Historical Record and will remain the authoritative source for approval.
c. The FCR will notify the Requesting Individual in writing of the decision to approve or with a request for additional documentation. In addition, the Functional Rep and the Senior Safety Director will be notified of all approved Certificates.
Sample Memo (Word)
CP-12 Skills Assessment (Word)
Fact Sheet (PDF)
CP-12 Curriculum Through the Years (Excel)
2016 CP-12 Equivalency Matrix (PDF)