Disaster Program Manager/Permanent ESF #3 Team Leader
BS Civil Engineering - The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina – 1981.
MS Engineering from the Catholic University of America – 1986.
Commissioned as an Army Engineer Officer from 1981 and served until retirement as a Lieutenant Colonel in 2003. Career highlights include:
- Commander A Company 79th EN BN, Germany
- HQUSACE Emergency Operations Center – PL84-99 (Flood Control and Coastal Emergencies) and National Security Preparedness Programs.
- Associate Professor of Civil Engineering, US Air Force Academy
- Operations Officer 2nd Engineer Battalion, 2ID, Korea
- Chief Concepts Analysis Branch, Army Operations Center, Pentagon
- Chief Joint Readiness Branch, Army Operations Center, Pentagon
- Assistance XO to Army G3, Pentagon
- Deputy Commander Savannah Engineer District
- Deputy Commander Afghanistan Engineer District
Upon retirement in October 2003 Frank became one of the original five ESF #3 Permanent Cadre. His assignments included assisting USNORTHCOM during exercises and events with ESF #3 expertise. He has served as the HQ USACE lead for: Temporary Power, Water, Ice, Roofing, Housing / Critical Public Facilities, Infrastructure Assessment, and Structural Support to USR.
In 2007 Frank went to private industry serving as the Federal Programs lead for the South with MACTEC Engineering and Consulting. In 2010 Frank returned to USACE as a permanent ESF #3 Team Leader. His focus area is to assist the Combatant Commands and Army Service Component Commands with Civil Disaster Response and USACE capabilities that support HA/DR. The USACE Pacific Ocean Division is part of his portfolio.
In 2015 Frank served five months as the Deputy Chief, USACE Office of Homeland Security.
Frank also serves as the Army’s Functional POC to Career Program 12 for the Emergency Management Occupational Series (0089)
Highlights of major disaster responses include:
- Charlie Command – Hurricane Charlie (temporary power and temporary roofing)
- ESF #3 Team Leader (response in FL State EOC) – (Frances, Ivan, Jeanne)
- ESF #3 Team Leader for Housing (recovery in FL Long Term Recovery Office)
- ESF #3 Team Leader / Assistant FEMA Operations Officer for Temp Housing (Katrina)
- ESF #3 Team Leader Joplin Tornados
- ESF #3 Team Leader Super Storm Sandy, New York
- ESF #3 Team Leader South Carolina Flooding
- ESF #3 Team Leader Harvey, Irma, Maria (TX, GA, FL, PR, USVI)
- ESF #3 Team Leader for events in American Samoa, HI, and Guam
- Currently serves as the habitual ESF #3 Team Leader to FEMA’s National IMAT East 1